Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Hardest Part

On every sheet of my spreadsheet I put a statement...

Every call I make saves another dollar.

I needed it.

I have never been one to naturally talk on the phone. Though I have had jobs that it was something I did regularly. The actual process of dialing inhibits me. Once on the phone I am great! But dialing?

My arms start to ache and everything is more important than calling… even sorting through receipts, scrubbing the toilet, and cleaning my closet.

Knowing myself I did a few things.
First, I started calling at the bottom. The last, and farthest away dealer from me.
Second, I called the first dealer on my list. This was the closest dealer to me.
Third, I called the second to last dealer.
… I worked my way to the middle.

This helped a lot.

When calling the 13 Dealers on my list I started to get exhausted after 8. But seeing those 5 dealers, with the beginning and end done, I couldn’t not call the middle!

I started calling at 10 AM and finished all my calling at 11:30 AM. It took me 90 minutes to call the 13 Dealers. It worked out to about 7 minutes each. This included the messages left, received, and the call backs.

By the third person I talked to I realized “Internet Sales Manager” was a useless request. I felt whichever Salesperson was available I was given to. I still asked because it was something to say.

Things Dealers did:
  • Tried to talk me out of buying from them because they were “too far”.
  • Wouldn’t give me a price quote unless I was physically at the dealer.
  • Convince me to look at another car.
  • Gave price quote over the phone when I asked for email.
  • Said “okey dokey”.
  • Never returned message after 3 calls.
  • Willing to pay gas for me to come get it.
Things I said:
  • “You have the same exact amount of Prius V Threes in stock for the last 2 weeks.”
  • “If I wanted an experience I would go to Disneyland”

1 comment:

  1. We recently purchased our home with the help of Mr Benjamin Lee, a loan officer who helped me and my husband with a loan of USD 5,000,000.00 and The entire experience was stress free and left us incredibly satisfied. We were out of state but the distance was no issue and Mr Benjamin Lee was always available for discussion. Highly recommend Mr Benjamin Lee and his team for active duty of loan seekers to use Mr Benjamin Lee on any kind of loan.Mr Benjamin Lee Contact Informations, Email: 247officedept@gmail.com    Or WhatsApp Chat: +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete