Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Azeroth United’s 1st Annual Hearts, Hands, and Voices

You may have heard about the Azeroth United’s 1st Annual Hearts, Hands, and Voices for Child’s Play. Child’s Play provides toys and games to children in hospitals.

The event started on November 1st and continues thru December 13th, 2009. Already the donations have exceeded expectations. We must have more!

This is absolutely a charity that a little bit will go a long way. So take some time to learn more on the Azeroth United website about how to participate.

When I was seven years old I spent some time in the hospital. I have vague memories of sleepless nights and pain. Ultimately through all the uncertainness I had, there was boredom.

One memory cuts though it all was a volunteer who brought me a doll. Not any doll, but one that had to be constructed and built. She was cut out of foam and sown together with yarn. Had button eyes and printed on smile. All the extra foam was pulled off and used as her stuffing. That doll made the days go by much faster.

(This was also the time that my step-dad gave me the red notepad that had “Bitch Bitch Bitch” written on the cover. I cannot believe knowing that, he still married my mother two years later.)

Take a look at this great organization and see how you can contribute.

No comments:

Post a Comment