Thursday, August 6, 2009

Turning Off Experience

Turning off twink experience was the first thing I did when I logged into Aurum.

From 3.2 patch notes:
Players who do not wish to gain experience through PvP can visit Behsten in Stormwind or Slahtz in Orgrimmar - both located near the Battlemasters in either city - and turn off all experience accumulation for the cost of 10 gold.
To turn off ALL your experience points for a character you need to visit you faction specific NPC. Here is where to find them.

AllianceGo to the Stormwind War Room as you enter you will find Behsten just to the right. He is a stealthed human rogue in the corner. Talk to him and let him know “I no longer wish to gain experience”. This will turn off your experience for 10 gold.

If you want to turn experience back on, you respond to him “I wish to start gaining experience again.” After that you will start getting experience again.

HordeGo to the Orgrimmar War Room turn left when you get into the building. He is a stealthed undead rogue. Talk to him and let him know “I no longer wish to gain experience”. This will turn off your experience for 10 gold.

If you want to turn experience back on, you respond to him “I wish to start gaining experience again.” After that you will start getting experience again.You will notice that both Behsten and Slahtz are geared as 19 rogue twinks. A guildy and I made quick work identifying their gear: Green Tinted Goggles, Sentry Cloak, Serpent's Shoulders, Gloves of the Fang, Blackened Defias Armor, Deviate Scale Belt, Blackend Defias leggings, Feet of the Lynx, Assassin's Blade, Cruel Barb, and both weapons are enchanted with Lifestealing.
It actually took me a while to identify the life stealing enchant. It had been so long ago that I tested it. As a guild we recommend against that enchant because the proc rate is so bad at 19. We have done a lot of testing in the 19s.

While standing there inspecting Behsten’s gear I was able to see some of his emotes.A guildie was all excited about the turned off experience. He was able to finally level his skinning and even farm for the Prefect Deviate scales while waiting on queues to pop. He can even do some questing for the fun of it.

Also, I want to say thank you to MissB. He has been instrumental in creating www.FarstridersElite.com and keeping all the hot headed PvPers going. I also want to give him a very belated congratulation to having over 50,000 honor kills on a 19 twink. I feel privileged to have been a part of a few thousand of those. MissB is now over 50% on his way to the “of the Alliance” title.

4 comments:

  1. ok, here's a question for you. How do we actually gain XP from the BGs? I know you can turn it off... but whoa?

    Would you gain it from HKs? Capturing the flag? Standing around while others kill things?

    I ask because I wanted to see if you could actually do BGs and it be a viable way to lvl a toon.

    I went in there with my lvl 69 Shadowpriest and I sure wasn't seeing anything of interest.

    Thanks for the answers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It IS a way to level characters, but it's terribly slow. It's more for those who are sick and tired of questing I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Angie I think you are right. It feels as you are questing you can break and queue for a battleground anywhere in Azeroth. Which is a nice addition to your play time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has anyone else heard the rumour regarding people with Exp Gain turned off being placed in the same BG as people with Exp Gain turned on coming to us in the near future, or did i dream that bit? :P

    ReplyDelete